TBCG3-RN6 - Comb Generator
The TBCG3-RN6 comb generator is primarily intended for testing radiated emission setups. It is a useful tool for validating the proper operation of the antenna and pre-amplifier, as well as the accurate set-up and configuration of the spectrum analyzer. It is well characterized in an anechoic chamber and the radiated emission plots can be used as a reference to compare an EUT in a non-ideal setup against the comb generator in the same location.
You can select between five fixed comb frequencies and an external comb frequency input with a range of 5 kHz to 200 MHz using a rotary switch.
The comb generator comes with two monopole antennas, a 30 cm monopole for frequencies up to 300-500 MHz and a 10 cm monopole for frequencies above that.
The radiated comb spectrum is characterized from 5 MHz – 6 GHz.
The TBCG3-RN6 has a 50 Ohm output with a female N-connector. The device runs on six AA NiMH batteries and comes with an external charger.
The housing is machined of solid aluminium. The bottom panel has a 1/4" - 20 UNC thread that accepts regular tripod bolts.
- Characterized frequency range: 5 MHz - 6 GHz
- Comb spectrum flatness up to 2 GHz: typically 10 dB at the RF connector
- Comb spectrum flatness up to 6 GHz: typically 40 dB at the RF connector
- Output impedance: 50 Ohm
- Output power: 0 dBm max. @ 100 MHz f comb; decreasing 6 dB with every fcomb/2
- Amplitude stability: < 0.2 dB; <0.1 dB after 15 minutes
- Aging: < 0.5 dB over 12 months
- Output connector: N-female
- Selectable, fixed comb frequencies: 100 MHz, 50 MHz, 25 MHz, 10 MHz, 5 MHz
- Frequency stability: 50 ppm
- External excitation input: 5 kHz – 200 MHz @ square input signal; 3.3 Vpp max, 100 kHz – 200 MHz @ sinus input signal; 3.3 Vpp max
- External input impedance: 50 Ohm
- Input connector: SMA-female
- Indicators: Power On LED, Low Battery LED
- Power supply: 6 x AA NiMH (e.g. Varta Mignon 2700, not supplied)
- Charger: external; Ansmann ACS310
- Antennas: 30 cm monopole for f<300 … 500 MHz; 10 cm monopole for f>300…500 MHz
- Operation time: battery capacity / 91 mA
- Temperature range: -10°C to +45 °C; lower operating temperature depending on batteries
- Housing diameter: 180 mm
- Housing height: 60 mm
- Weight: 1250 g